Useful pricing/estimating software

I just wanted to share/hear user experience of a pricing/estimating software I've found as I believe it could be very useful to members of the forum.

A essex small builder I follow on youtube uploaded a video using it to price an extension and I was amazed by it. It's called Price a Job.

Additional it can do structural calculations and other PM tasks but it is the estimating module that I find interesting.

First off to say I have zero connection to the company.

The company behind it may be connection to Canada, the developer may be east european, the website looks basic but the software is very good and wholley tailored to the UK.  

I don't yet have a subscription to use it but I think I will sign up for a month to put a cost plan together for my victorian renovation and extension.

You basically model your building in the software similar to doing so in sketch up but it has a drop down menu to assign a material selection for each element and each material has a UK market rate cost assigned to it, I think prices are updated weekly. I don't know how that is done or how accurate the prices are but you can input your own rates if preferred.

Similarly labour cost are calculated for the construction of each element. Once the model is completed so is the price estimate.

Perhaps there are other companies that I am not aware off offering similar software but I wasn't aware of this until the youtube builder demonstrated it. 

I imagine it been developed for builders to put together quotations but I believe it may be a great way to price up a single project as there is no 12 month commitment.

Interested to hear what other think of this software.   

57 minutes ago, nod said:

With materials and labour still going up Any estimate that you get will be out of date by Christmas 

Ah come on we aren't in Venezuela economic territory yet!

Regardless, professional Estimators face the same issue and it is simply handled with a % inflation factor built into the forecasts.     

1 hour ago, Annker said:

Ah come on we aren't in Venezuela economic territory yet!

Regardless, professional Estimators face the same issue and it is simply handled with a % inflation factor built into the forecasts.     

In normal times so called professional estimators can be miles out 

I’m not sure why you would need a QS for a refurb But your local Builders merchants will offer this service for a small fee

7 hours ago, nod said:

In normal times so called professional estimators can be miles out 

I’m not sure why you would need a QS for a refurb But your local Builders merchants will offer this service for a small fee

Project isn't a refurb it's a full strip out renovation and extension (cost~£250K), regardless the whole idea behind the thread is to use this software to do what a QS would.

There isn't a builders merchant in the country that would spec and build out a quote for the job.