Samsung ASHP DHW settings

Johnbhoy80

Help the novice!

I am wondering if I should use standard or economical setting and the difference between them?  I currently have the immersion switched off, no legionella cycle and still have electric showers.  I do have a big bath that is used occasionally.  Can you set a timer for DHW if the immersion is off and set to economical? 

I've mine set for running all day, ending at 4pm. In reality it does 90% of its recharging overnight on cheap rate. Maybe a top-up middle of the day.

Plans to get rid of your electric showers? Costing you 2-3x more than your ashp water.

Not sure what the different settings mean, in my heatpump eco means weather compensation mode and flow temp is set for best COP. On fill mode the heatpump will push out the max required flow temp, regardless of the return flow or outdoor temp.

• Like 1

Definitely planning to upgrade at least one bathroom and ditch the electric shower.  My thinking is if I don’t have showers coming off the heat pump and only occasionally use a bath the only hot water I really need is the sink so therefore eco mode should be fine with no need for immersion to bring up the temperature.  I also have a cheap overnight rate.  Just not sure if the real difference between eco and standard on this Hp.  

Think eco and normal are just different cylinder temperatures.  Assume both are amendable settings by the user.

Possibly these settings are to save too much time being taken heating the cylinder to temp. Would assume eco would be low 40s, normal high 40s early 50s degs.

Put on eco all the time and see how your house copes

AIUI, but I could be wrong, eco only uses the heat pump, standard will use an immersion heater to top up, if you have one.

Mine's set to 48C and comes on in the morning and afternoon for about a 50 minute window. Takes about 30 minutes to reheat.

• Like 1

So if you have the immersion turned off the only option is eco; that would make sense.  All down to whether or not I can get enough DHW to satisfy my needs without the need of my immersion or if, actually a small burst of immersion could actually be cheaper to run compared to the heat pump on eco trying to hit 48 degrees DHW? 

Edited by Johnbhoy80
Grammar