Panasonic Aquarea App

Triassic

I’ve just got the Panasonic ASHP Aquarea App up and running and I must say I’m underwhelmed.

Maybe I’m missing something, it’s very very basic. I’d expected more! I can’t even see the COP. I can see over 12 months of data via the Controller, yet the App doesn’t display it.

Any other users out there? Am I missing something?  

I see someone made the same comment on the apps YouTube video. 

According to the Panasonic website, it looks like the Service Cloud area is where you get better information. Not sure how home owners can get access to this. 

Does the web portal do anything different to the app. 

http://aquarea-smart.panasonic.com

Edited by Nick Laslett

• 1 month later...

Apologies for hijacking this thread, but wondering if you’d mind sharing what sort of COP you’re seeing at the minute and longer term from the aquarea units?

Moved in to new build at the end of October, 12kW J series T-CAP, seeing a COP of 3.0 for December which I’m pretty disappointed with. (300m2, 16mm UFH both floors 150mm centres, not zoned, constant call for heat with weather compensation running flow temps of 24-29 and 3 degree delta T)

I think the unit is probably massively oversized for the house, also potentially running glycol and a 50L buffer tank in series hurting the efficiency. 

• Like 1

We are a 9 kW T-CAP. 60s detached house 110 sq m with moderately good insulation, ufh in slab downstairs, rads upstairs, solar divert to HW so reduced HW usage on the HP. Weather comp set to between 30 and 39 (@-3)

December to date overall COP is 4.1, 3.0 for DHW only and 4.3 for space heating only. 

Year to date 4.3. Total electric usage for the year is 1834 kWh of which 315 is for DHW. 

A COP of 3 isn't awful and is possibly by being skewed if you are a high % DHW, but I agree I would expect more, especially with your very low flow temps. 

Our unit is deliberately slightly oversized so does get some cycling when it's not overly cold out, and we run it predominantly overnight during octopus intelligent off peak. Typically 6 hrs use overnight and up to 2 hours boost on an afternoon to 'top up'. If you haven't already I'd suggest getting a installer account so you can see if your unit is cycling badly. If it is, one thing you can do to partially mitigate it is to set it to 'pulse', i.e. instead of running on for 4 hours, you do 2 hours on, 2 hours off 2 hours on. This is what we do in the shoulder seasons as the HP will run nicely for a hour or so and then start to cycle. Giving it a break for the heat to dissipate from the system allows it to start over again and improves the COP. 

A delta T of 3 also seems low- ours is 5 which I thought was pretty much universally considered best, so might be worth a try adjusting. 

I think you are firmly in trial and error tuning territory. Ideally you want a week of stable weather to try different things and see what works. 

• Like 1