Downpipe to drain connection

Today I completed a cast iron downpipe to PVC drain connection. The rain water is deposited in to a ditch that runs along the side of the property.
20231028_173013.thumb.jpg.acfe37df4504c3731ebd5126d534cf26.jpg20231028_173100.thumb.jpg.ca55f910261d0abb8bd90de91b0868fc.jpg20231028_173049.thumb.jpg.a4c2e1168aec69ebcefd277fd9caa5c2.jpg

I want to do the same on the other end of the gutter, however there is a thick concrete (I assume) slab that runs along the ground next to the wall:
20231028_173109.thumb.jpg.d9c09d90d93beef23bc863616b468b69.jpg20231028_173132.thumb.jpg.9d7d9cb40558011282757181a4d250f7.jpg

Should I remove the slab and do as I have done on the other side, or is there an acceptable alternative. Ideally as much of the pipe should be buried as possible.

1. Do you need an outlet at the other end?

With the tapered outlet you have, the gutter will empty quite fast: much faster than with a downpipe sized outlet.

2. Don't break the slab. But it looks as if you could take the pipe to the right until after the slab. ..or use more bends to loop it out and down.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, saveasteading said:

1. Do you need an outlet at the other end?

With the tapered outlet you have, the gutter will empty quite fast: much faster than with a downpipe sized outlet.

An outlet?

The pipe I installed in the first pictures is 110mm. Is it an issue how fast it drains?

31 minutes ago, saveasteading said:

2. Don't break the slab. But it looks as if you could take the pipe to the right until after the slab. ..or use more bends to loop it out and down.

Yeah I think going in to the earth to the right of the slab works well. Ib think doing that with the pvc is easier for me, then I don't need to do any work with the zinc pipe.

You need gully traps on both of those before the 110mm pvc. And orange pvc pipe has to be fully buried as it's not UV stable. And do your drainage plans allow you do discharge directly to a watercourse without attenuation?

In reality, the way you've done it will be fine, bar the odd blockage you might have to deal with in autumn. But if this is works involving BC, it'll fail. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Conor said:

You need gully traps on both of those before the 110mm pvc.
And orange pvc pipe has to be fully buried as it's not UV stable. And do your drainage plans allow you do discharge directly to a watercourse without attenuation?

In reality, the way you've done it will be fine, bar the odd blockage you might have to deal with in autumn. But if this is works involving BC, it'll fail. 

Yeah I considered gully traps however because it's only 4m I'm hopeful there won't be any issues. Should it and off leaves going in to the pipe from the gutter?

The pipe will be buried however where the zinc connected with the pvc, there will be some orange pvc exposed. Should I have use a different pipe for the above ground section?