Insulated Check Reveal Panels

If this breaks any rules, let me know and will take down the post but I think a lot of people could benefit from knowing the following.  I did try and ask but I didn't get much in response.

Do you check reveal or flush reveal ICF openings?

Well here at HQ, a fairly exposed location battered by all sorts of westerlies and precipitation, we've thought for a long time that check reveals are the way forward.  I think Scotland arrived at a similar conclusion.

We've used all sorts to create them, from timber to complicated EPS and XPS methods but nothing was simple.  So we hit the drawing board and designed a check reveal panel that requires no special block cuts, no special prep, can be secured for the pour in many different ways, and provides a lip against which frames can be pushed to create that physical dogleg of a weather protection detail.

Customised to suit all EPS and XPS block types and widths.  All brands and manufacturers.

And the patent is in the post.

Super excited to be able to use it, super excited to let others use it.

If you've got an ICF build on the way and your architect/regs/warranty team want check reveals and you want something that is effective and simple to install without creating a dumpy bag of offcuts, save this post and DM me your requirements.

I'll wait for the ticking off message.

Cheers,

Dom

On 23/10/2023 at 20:01, FM2015 said:

I did try and ask but I didn't get much in response.

Did you contact one of the mods or admin about this? I didn't see anything about it but I've been away for a few days.

Either way, you've been around long enough and contributed enough that there's a bit of leeway with this sort of thing.

For other members reading this (note: speaking generally, and nothing at all to do with @FM2015), please remember to do your due diligence when interacting with any BuildHub member on commercial matters.

I know little about ICF but I did check reveals in my brick build to put the windows in the cavity insulation zone,  the windows are best within the insulation zone. However you have two insulation zones, a tinternet search mostly showed windows flush with the outside insulation.

2 hours ago, joe90 said:

I know little about ICF but I did check reveals in my brick build to put the windows in the cavity insulation zone,  the windows are best within the insulation zone. However you have two insulation zones, a tinternet search mostly showed windows flush with the outside insulation.

And simply because we have NEVER seen the outer leaf method specified or used, we "improved" what we have used.  By continuing the insulation across the reveal, window placement is not limited to flush, and improves the quality of the envelope.  Quite a few icfs offer this but in a less perfect way.  But of course, I would say that.

@jack I appreciate your comments and will add nothing further to this thread.

• Like 1