Planning condition: hard and soft Landscaping plan

Hi guys

Looking for any info on what has been your response to this question and satisfying the condition.

I have been asked to submit a plan of hard and soft landscaping with plant & shrub types, locations etc.

Apart from a driveway from the road to the front of the house and garage i currently have no idea what plants or where they might go. Or any interest frankly.

Finances will dictate along with the whim of the boss when she decides.

@Mr Punter correct 

Landscape materials, plants and trees are expensive so if you can get a plan together it's very worthwhile submitting it along with your  building plans to be able to claim the vat back in a few years time.

You need a landscape designer not some random recommended gardner off faceache.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Post and beam said:

Finances will dictate along with the whim of the boss when she decides.

There's your answer, give her the job 🙂

We had to produce one but only because they wanted us to plant a 60m hedge.

My guess is they only want to know what the front garden will look like. What do nearby houses have out front? Perhaps just specify the hardstanding areas, grass area, fencing and any drainage to prevent rainwater run off, throw in a standard tree or two (Standard size trees range from about £60 for Silver Birch to  £300+). Native hedging is cheap.

Chances are they will never come and check. 

20 hours ago, Post and beam said:

I have been asked to submit a plan of hard and soft landscaping with plant & shrub types, locations etc.

I did a planting plan and was able to reclaim VAT on a lot of what was planted. What we actually did was only loosely based on the plan and nobody checked it. This was many years ago and I probably only did it using MS Paint.

PlantingPlan3.thumb.jpg.14ca8c8bcd66f82b91b93a86f116285f.jpg