ASHP £5000 grant, any time limits?

Andehh

Hi All,

We had our ASHP installed in our new build about 3-4 months ago, diverting us from a gas boiler we were also considering.

Since then we've had numerous delays with windows (breakages & their replacements) and usual build headaches. My builder/installer has still not applied for the grant as we haven't been able to get the EPC & Air tight done due to missing window boarded up. We moved in a month ago, but still dont have building control sign off & prob wont for a few more weeks.

I cant see any mention of time limits etc for claiming the £5000 grant, but with it being so much money I wanted to see if anyone else could advise?

Thanks,

Presume you are using an MCS installer, in which case they should know the grant requirements. Mine was installed last December and grant approved using design EPC/SAP, still not finished so no air test or as built assessment.

• Like 1

Plenty of time limits in the scheme. 

The grant is supposed to be applied for prior to install, all prices are supposed to go to you with the grant money removed by the the installer. There are plenty time limits imposed.

Something doesn't smell right

Have read

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/environmental-and-social-schemes/boiler-upgrade-scheme-bus/property-owners