Recommended painting equipment

richo106

We will be start applying our mist coat to some rooms in the next couple of weeks and I just wondered if anyone could recommend some good paint rollers and handles/arms etc..

i have tried a few cheap ones in the past and they haven’t been very good.

we have a full house to do so we don’t mind investing in some decent stuff to make our life that little bit easier!

p.s. would you give newly plastered walls a light sand with 120 grit before mist coating or not?

Many Thanks 

6 minutes ago, JohnMo said:

Screwfix do a decent Harris kit. Rollers, frames and an extension etc.  You will a decent sized roller bucket and brushes also.

I was actually just looking at those!

was also looking at single or double arms for the paint roller

https://www.toolstation.com/hamilton-for-the-trade-4-piece-roller-set/p66743?store=EF&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=googleshoppingfeed&mkwid=_dm&pcrid=&pkw=&pmt=&gbraid=0AAAAAD-vLcXGleCR_LSRyZ083-yp2ZJSc&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItqHl7_WRgQMVU-LtCh2aiwWPEAQYAiABEgILifD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Double arm 12 inch frame , Hamilton green medium pile roller sleeves, any scuttles just make sure they take a double arm roller but for me personally go to a dulux trade centre as their gear is no more expensive than the rest and nicer to use.