How to detail soakers and flashing where a roof extends beyond the abutment wall (at lowest point)?

Oxbow16

Hi all

I'm going to be stripping slates and putting in new lead soakers with a flashing next week.  It's a stone wall, so the flashing will be a straight diagonal line, parallel to the top of the roof.  

At the bottom, the roof extends beyond the wall by a few inches.  What's the normal way to detail that?  I've had a look online but not been able to find anything.... 

Many thanks 

Many thanks for the reply.  From what you've said, I think you've got it right.   But it's more the sides I'm not sure about.  

Maybe I didn't explain things clearly? So I've got some photos... Ignore the plastic, turned up lead, hessian, etc. Hopefully can still get an idea of what's going on even with that cr@p in the way!

Cheers

IMG_20230903_085131974_HDR.thumb.jpg.53f7feedf7e862929373a2ed0e2fa192.jpg

1 minute ago, joe90 said:

Ah right, I would just turn up the last soaker to direct the water into the guttering.

OK, so do it is the rest of them?  75mm upstand but just with no wall to support it behind?  Or would short be better?  

And what about the flashing? Finish it where the wall ends?  

Many thanks

1 hour ago, Oxbow16 said:

OK, so do it is the rest of them?  75mm upstand but just with no wall to support it behind?  Or would short be better?  

And what about the flashing? Finish it where the wall ends?  

Many thanks

I would fold the upstand over double to make it stronger and stand up with no wall to support it but only about 25 mm high, this to direct any water into your guttering. I would wrap the flashing around the corner a little to stop damp being driven behind it.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, joe90 said:

I would wrap the flashing around the corner a little to stop damp being driven behind it.  

Just thinking about this again...  

Presumably because the lead has come down the diagonal wall, when I wrap it round the corner to the other wall it will have to continue to be diagonal down that wall too.  Would you then cover that with another small bit of straight/horizontal lead so it's in keeping?  And if so, would you chase that bit in?  

If that makes no sense I'll edit the photo to show what I mean.  

Ta

Edited by Oxbow16

2 hours ago, Oxbow16 said:

You've been a fantastic help - thanks a million :)

That’s what this forum is all about, sharing the knowledge, only too glad to help where I can 😎.

Edited by joe90
  • Thanks 1