House Sale

nod

As previously stated Our first build went on the market last weekend 

We both work full time and I go to the build each evening till 9 pm 

So viewings have to be grouped together No for sale sign this time Which seams to have cut down on time wasters 

While I didn’t expect to be besieged by Echo warriors With sky high bills I did expect some interest in insulation levels Absolutely zero 

One even asked if it would be a big job to remove the loft insulation in order to board out for storage 

I do get it 

Schools 

M2 etc 

But with bills so high Heating costs should be somewhere on there wishlist 

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, nod said:

But with bills so high Heating costs should be somewhere on there wishlist 

All depends which socio-economic group you are selling to.

A £2000 increase is a lot to someone on £17k/year, neither here nor there to someone on £70k.

Edited by SteamyTea

Totally agree

Three doctors and a solicitor so far 

One asked about parking I said we once had twelve cars on the drive He asked if there was any restrictions in the layby at the side of the house as twelve wouldn’t always be enough 

Then added Especially at the weekend 

Swingers I reckon 😁

• Haha 3

We have designed and built two SAP A rated homes. The first one no one at all was interested in the energy performance, just STATUS. Yes, a natural stone large 4 bed house on 1.5 acres had STATUS in the North Yorks country. So we sold it pdq. 
Next was different. Another 4 bed detached but in an urban infill. Relatively low value street and, to be open about it, effing horrible neighbours. There was no status. Only one person who came to recognised the benefits of the energy performance, the feed in tariff, the bus route in the street, schools in walking distance (she had two kids), three supermarkets, doctors surgery, pharmacies, wide range of shops, cinema, restaurants all in walking distance. She was a Polish lady who was able to have a detailed technical conversation with me in English. Husband was British and only interested in STATUS. The two had an embarrassing confrontation right in front of us. They subsequently bought a house in a nearby village that had more status but no local services at all, poor woman. 

• Like 1