Radiant Heating and Cooling Panels

Has anyone used these in an active cooling capacity - I am designing in as many ways to reduce thermal heat gain on a build with a large amount of glass, but I want to take a belt and braces approach to limiting the impact of hotter summers. These were recommended (Heat Cloud was suggested) as an option for cooling, but would love to hear experiences or other options.

+1

The ashp slab cooling really works and costs bugger all to run if you have a ~4pkW PV array. You only use it on sunny days after all.

Also, less glass, shading. Prevention is better than cure. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 23/08/2023 at 18:05, Conor said:

+1

The ashp slab cooling really works and costs bugger all to run if you have a ~4pkW PV array. You only use it on sunny days after all.

Also, less glass, shading. Prevention is better than cure. 

Thanks Conor - sorry just getting used to finding responses here!

I love the idea of the ASHP slab cooling and a PV array with some storage.

As we are working with essentially a listed building (well listed curtilage) we are very restricted as to how much we can do on the outside so we are looking at internal blinds or using solar smart glass to keep things cool.

My suspicion is that even with all this cost and effort we will still need some active cooling in some of the building, so I am designing it in at the start rather than trying to retrofit if we need it. Any thoughts on these?