do I need site insurance?

So out site insurance expired the other day, and while I was pretty much the only one working on site for over a year it seemed like a reasonable thing to have. We now have a project manager starting with main contractor and subbies in a few weeks. They have their own liability insurance, but do I need to continue my own site insurance too? I will still be working on site where I can.

Thanks all

On 18/08/2023 at 19:50, Tom said:

So out site insurance expired the other day, and while I was pretty much the only one working on site for over a year it seemed like a reasonable thing to have. We now have a project manager starting with main contractor and subbies in a few weeks. They have their own liability insurance, but do I need to continue my own site insurance too? I will still be working on site where I can.

Thanks all

You need to protect yourself in case your asset burns down in a freak accident, etc.

For me, that's the biggest reason to have your own insurance

Roger that. Bit the bullet and bought another 9 months. Project manager reckons we should be in by end January, which perhaps is a little optimistic...