Shed roof leak

MAR

I have a leak in my shed that I'm assuming is coming from the roof.

I tried using some Cromapol after re-sticking the felt but the leak still persists.

I think the roof is not slanted enough as I'm getting water pooling in the back corner.

I'm considering trying to raise the roof to increase the slant but I'm not sure of the best/most cost effective way to do it.

I'm considering adding extra beams to the top cut to an angle with new board and felt, but I'm wondering if I can somehow salvage the old felt and replace the

roof board.

In the photos attached you can see the whole shed plus the damp patch. The board you can see at the ceiling is not the roof. It's a separate board and there is some insulation inbetween the roof and this board.

Any ideas would be appreciated on what I should do here.

IMG_5106.JPG

IMG_5108.JPG

Forget about reusing the felt.

Redo the roof as is but with EPDM and the ponding won't matter. Or two, fit new firring strips, reboard, fascias, and new roof covering to remove the fall issue. That's what I'd do.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Completely agree with Conor on EPDM and forgetting about reusing the felt

It looks as though your ability to extend the roof to create an overhang for rain drainage is limited. As we look at it you're going to have to make it fall right-to-left, unless the land behind is an option. Without any guttering this will fall on your little "shed extension", which may lead to water damage issues here (the door already looks alittle warped), something to consider

You can get a 3m square of EPDM from rubber4roofs for about £135 delivered and you should never have to replace it

Regards

Tet