Leaking ufh overlay system post screed

health mechanic

After due diligence with pressure testing downstairs....the screed was laid on the overlay ufh system upstairs (having carpet) without pressure testing a month ago. Got plumber in to pressure test today to 2 bars and noticed an hr later what appears to be a leak coming from master bedroom with crack in screed and water bubbling up. Have closed the Valves to the pipes which has slowed down.

Now repair....is it okay just to dig that area of screed  up and put a coupler in....plumber can place a push fit couple but doesn't have one that crimps that I would prefer. Anyone had similar issues. Annoyed as was done the 2 days I was away from site and builder did not supervise his subbies.

I just zoomed in on the photo. That joint looks wonky. Might just be the angle of the picture.  If it's going to stay like that i wouldn't cover it back up with screed for a fair while. (weeks) Just to make sure that when it is going through hot/cold cycles it is ok. 

I would be tempted to cover it all in a layer of duct tape or equiv, should you detect dampness in the floor will make it easier to chisel out and inspect without the screed stuck to the pipe and fitting. 

• Like 1