Stripping or Overboarding Ceiling?

ProblematicPanda15

It might depend on how accurate you can be avoiding any existing wiring/pipes if they aren’t nicely in the middle of the void.

I have the same conundrum for a ceiling ruined by a water leak and am worried about hitting something. Maybe I should just buy a joist finder and go for it! Definitely less mess. 

12 hours ago, jfb said:

It might depend on how accurate you can be avoiding any existing wiring/pipes if they aren’t nicely in the middle of the void.

I have the same conundrum for a ceiling ruined by a water leak and am worried about hitting something. Maybe I should just buy a joist finder and go for it! Definitely less mess. 

We have a similar issue for a couple of the ceilings. In the case of a ceiling ruined by water, wouldn't it be best to strip that back first to remove any potential lingering damp issues rather than simply overboard? 

3 hours ago, ProblematicPanda15 said:

We have a similar issue for a couple of the ceilings. In the case of a ceiling ruined by water, wouldn't it be best to strip that back first to remove any potential lingering damp issues rather than simply overboard? 

Maybe - I presume all the damp has gone by now though (been a few months)