Importing tescon tape from Germany - Customs charges

Omnibuswoman

We are looking at ordering 26 rolls of Tescon Profil tape from Daemstoff in Germany (E26.00 v £31.80 here) - has anyone made an order from Germany since January 2021, and if so do you know what rate of Customs Duty applies?

I know that they add VAT en route, which we can reclaim, but not sure how the customs charges affect the overall cost, and it seems not to be possible to find out from HMRC's website.

Danke!

38 minutes ago, Omnibuswoman said:

.;...- has anyone made an order from Germany since January 2021,....

Yes.

Don't buy from Germany direct. Bought a pair of work trousers (Swedish I think) : my God what a fuss and massive delay. VAT  rate - forgotten but it was noted on the Quittung (receipt).

There's (was?) a place just north of Carlisle that imports (ed?) and stocks Tescon stuff - just off the M6 immediately after the second turn for Carlisle (old airfield) . I bought my Tescon things from there. I'll dig out our VAT return - the supplier might be listed there. Nice group of Polish lads running the office. Winder if they are still there.....

PS The address is Kingsmoore Park Enterprise Area. - in haste - I'll have another look this p.m.

Ian

Edited by ToughButterCup
  • Like 1

Yes. 

I've looked in vain for the invoice  - I'll have another go this afternoon when I get back .... I've gone through part of the 'outlet' list on the  site website -  and submitted my post code for Tyvek dealers locally - tells me to submit a valid post code (!) 

Using google maps history, I found this

kingmoorepark.thumb.png.cfd271fcf9dfae15fe14ff5ad42279d2.png

The red marker is the exact place, and that phone number might help you - fingers crossed

Ian

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...