Levelling kit at end of day

Pocster

As the self proclaimed Totally Incredible Tiler - with loads of experience; I never thought of this …

I use the Rubi system ; clips and wedges - it’s ace .

But at a days end ( got 100 m sq floor to do ) what should I do with the last exposed clips ? 
What I mean is ; next day they’ll be gone off and therefore can’t move to level with the next new freshly laid tile . Previously I just left them and they become that level as they are fixed .

But sat here thinking ; I thought I should ask . It’s called doing a @Thorfun I.e ask question avoids doing work 👍

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, markc said:

Don’t put the last clips in and/or clean out some of the adhesive to allow the clips to move or be installed at the next session

Ok . So no clips on ‘end of day ‘ ?

I could cut the next day clip so its base fits between yesterdays tile and todays ( movable tile ) . Not sure that gives a different result to just leaving the clip in from the day before though .

I might be over thinking this !

2 hours ago, Pocster said:

100 sq m in a non empty room in 1 day 🫤🫤🫤🫤😢

Its the shifting stuff around isn't it. And its shifting the same sheet around - never yours - always the children's A Level notes or some such rubbish (They're all in their 40s .... ) Told them their stuff is on Death Row. You ought to have heard the bleating.... 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ToughButterCup said:

It’s the shifting stuff around isn't it. And it’s shifting the same sheet around - never yours - always the children's A Level notes or some such rubbish (They're all in their 40s .... ) Told them their stuff is on Death Row. You ought to have heard the bleating.... 

It’s the temporary kitchen …

The 65 boxes of “ important stuff we can’t throw away “

The 160kg fridge/freezer

The massive mame arcade unit 

The dining table and eight chairs

The tools for the build

And now ; the 100 sq m of tiles at nearly 3tonnes I moved 

Apart from that ; it’s empty 😢🙄

Edited by Pocster
  • Like 1

I still wince at the moment ( a year ago) I lost my temper and threw away stuff '.... we can't throw away ...'  Not a peep out of anyone.

If it ever gets to that I'll just say that 

I might have, but that I was in such pain - from my hip -  that I couldn't remember. And go down the pub.

• Like 1

Just now, ToughButterCup said:

I still wince at the moment ( a year ago) I lost my temper and threw away stuff '.... we can't throw away ...'  Not a peep out of anyone.

If it ever gets to that I'll just say that 

I might have, but that I was in such pain - from my hip -  that I couldn't remember. And go down the pub.

Yes ; stuff has gone missing aka bin for certain . But occasionally SWMBO says “ have you seen the ‘x’ ?” . Naturally I say no but think “ (expletive deleted) I threw that away ! “

If I find I'm constantly moving other people's never-been-used-in-a-million-years stuff, I now tell them that it's been put on Death Row. Photograph it and pin that on the notice board. The photo soon gets covered with other lists and stuff. They've got 6 months to move it. I allow one Appeal, but if it's still there a year after the Death Sentence .... it's gone. To date, not one complaint. 

They just buy other useless stuff I need to find storage for. Why is that a bloke's job eh? Why?

• Like 2