Can anyone recommend a SE near Peterborough?

Barny

Thanks Nick. Do you know if I need a special tree survey? I had a topology report done but it didn’t identify species or heights of trees or measure trees outside my boundary.

2 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

This is a desktop procedure / service, so you won't go wrong using Tanners in Ireland. A good few on here have used them and were very happy afaik.

https://tsd.ie/

Exactly 

Unlike that you will ever need to meet the SE 

When you need them it will be a case of picking the phone up 

5 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

This is a desktop procedure / service, so you won't go wrong using Tanners in Ireland. A good few on here have used them and were very happy afaik.

https://tsd.ie/

I'm one of those and can recommend them especially if you're having an insulated slab.

3 hours ago, Barny said:

Thanks Nick. Do you know if I need a special tree survey? I had a topology report done but it didn’t identify species or heights of trees or measure trees outside my boundary.

probably a question to ask the SE when you find one. it might be that the trees are far enough away that the SE won't care but if they're within a certain distance then they'd probably need to know the species and distance from foundations etc.

3 hours ago, Barny said:

I'm not sure, is the honest answer. If you have trees near to where your foundations / slab are going then you'd need to check with BCO for proximity. Tanners will very likely be able to advise / point you in the right direction.

If you want a UK based engineer and especially if you may need some on-site help, try Structural Engineers Cambridge Ltd. That's Charles Tallack's company. He's a very practical guy capable of sketching you out a sensible solution to a problem whilst standing in pouring rain whilst knee deep in mud with concrete waiting to be poured..... Based on the outskirts of Cambridge he knows the Eastern counties well and is easy to talk to and always very helpful.