QQ- description of development wording in an application

StellaSa

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the description wording of the a proposal / development in HHA.

Who is responsible for the correct wording of description- the agent or the planning officer? (yellow area attached)

Back story: our planning officer wrote to our agent 6 weeks after validating our application, advising that the description wording was slightly incorrect- therefore she needed to change it. She said this meant a 14 day extension of time was require because she needed to carry our further consultations with the neighbours.   

I have noticed our description for the proposals is incorrect and does not clearly detail the proposed two storey rear extension.  I am therefore required to carry out further consultations to neighbours for 14 days.”

Ps. the change was minimal and laughable.

Should the planning officer have addressed this before validating the application?

Thank you! 

IMG_4455.jpg

Edited by StellaSa

Thanks. Honestly- I can't get over our experience. Been going on nearly 2 years. How come the council planners can just ignore deadlines, yet all us people in the real world would lose our job if we continued to miss deadlines?! Madness. I'm sure you all feel the same.

Was just wondering the above as I'm writing a stinking letter (not that they'll care) so I wanted to know where the blame lies.

Good luck all!!

10 hours ago, StellaSa said:

Should the planning officer have addressed this before validating the application?

Yes, but they are planners without a scooby of the real world and accountable to no one.

• Like 1