Accumulator (mains booster) vessels - Same nominal volume, huge size difference.

Both of the below vessels have a nominal volume of 100L (ok, ST is 110, PW is 100). But ST is 558x540x1026, PW is 720x470x470. What am I missing? 

(ignore location for now)

#1 GWS PressureWave - PWB-100LH (horizontal)

GWS PressureWave PWB-100LH.png
- Pump not mentioned, I assume needs to be supplied separately
- The dimensions are very small for a 100L nominal device, not sure why the Stuart Turner ones are so much bigger

#2 Stuart Turner Mainsboost MB-200SH 
Stuart Turner MainsBoost MB 200SH-1-22.png
- As can be seen much larger device, which even sticks beyond the door. Still, 110L nominal so I'm not sure what's going on
- Pump not depicted

ummm, the Mainsboost is a 200l vessel?

I'm guessing they're just being more conservative about the life of the diaphragm.

edit: also the *system* has a rating of 3.5bar uplift, so the end volume is variable. The other tank is just talking about it's full capacity I'd think.

Edited by dpmiller

4 minutes ago, dpmiller said:

ummm, the Mainsboost is a 200l vessel?

Mainsboost says 'nominal volume 110L' though, which is the same as the GWS says...

4 minutes ago, dpmiller said:

I'm guessing they're just being more conservative about the life of the diaphragm.

edit: also the *system* has a rating of 3.5bar uplift, so the end volume is variable. The other tank is just talking about it's full capacity I'd think.

I am suspecting you are right, "too good to be true" usually is ;) - but it's still hard to see the real situation. Basically

PW: 0.24x0.72 = 0.13 -> 130L volume of the cylinder outer hull

MB: 0.28x1 = 0.28 -> 280L volume of cylinder outer hull

So indeed I suspect what one company calls nominal is the other's "maximal" or whatever.