Horizontal cylinder in the loft, good idea?

Are there any reasons why installing a horizontal cylinder is a bad idea.

I am thinking 600mm centres posi joists and the loft hatch, more for a later replacement than the initial install.

Also what about the weight, is there any practical difference between vertical on the first floor and horizontal in the loft. It appears that the spread of weight is better when horizontal actually.

All advice gratefully recieved as always

13 minutes ago, JohnMo said:

If loft is in a cold roof space

I thought it was a warm roof space but one of the TF engineers said something that made me wonder. So i have to say i dont know now

I have this text from their build quote

#Sloping ceiling(222mm rafter)U .12 via 2 x 80mm Kingspan K107 & 1 x 25mm Kingspan K107 kooltherm.

# Cold roof ( cold space above e.g plane roofs & Eaves) U.11 2 x 200mm loft roll 40

?

Edited by Post and beam

34 minutes ago, Post and beam said:

thought it was a warm roof space

If you have insulation in the floor of the loft, everything above will be equal to outside temperature. Sorry can't help further.

Our cylinder is in our loft/plant room, but the roof above is insulated so it's part of the thermal envelope.

As close as possible to the kitchen tap as possible is best for a quick time to hot.

Then run 10mm pipes to the basins for speed of delivery there. 

The warm up time doesn't really matter as much for showers and not at all for baths.