Samsung 5kw R32 Monobloc Air Source Heat Pump

Looking at one of these, haggling on price with City Plumbing and there 15% off using there APP. 

Anyone any experience with them? they do a Coastal protection option which has some appeal for me being 500m from the sea.

They offer a control pack but at £500 I'm looking for alternatives.   The house is 88sq M with UFH well insulated ICF. and a 200L heat pump tank. so happy with the size etc, 

Anybody know If I can just use a standard controller on this unit?.  I would speak to Samsung, but I'm sure there will be a lot of pressure to use their kit even if not essential.

I have the 8kW version. I bought the control interface on the basis that it should be simple to install and just work. No doubt you could get the HP to work with other controllers, however I doubt that it would be that simple. The controller talks to the outdoor unit over a 2 wire data connection and there are no obvious control inputs.

Apparently you can control it over the modbus interface, but that isn't cheap.

Using their controller has a potential advantage in that it will speed control the circulation pump, if you use a compatible one, which might improve the performance.

• Like 1