Triple glazed sliding doors, uPVC

HughF

Looking at going out to the suppliers for windows and doors for the extension, going for 3g on the windows, but I'm struggling to find a supplier of 3g sliders in uPVC. Nothing massive, the opening in the blockwork is 1830mm.

For some reason my supplier doesn't offer them, even though the profile is suitable.

Anyone have a recommendation?

10 hours ago, MikeGrahamT21 said:

I think modern upvc windows do them, search them on google they’ve got a design tool on the website 

That’s my go-to supplier, they don’t offer 3G in sliders, despite their profile and mechanism manufacturer offering it.

9 hours ago, Conor said:

1830 is quite narrow for sliders, your clear opening will only be about 750mm. Better off with double doors.

Interesting, I’ll discuss with my wife. You could well be right. I was concerned about the performance of doubles over sliders (I remember everyone saying ‘avoid bi-folds’ so I discounted them)…

31 minutes ago, HughF said:

Interesting, I’ll discuss with my wife. You could well be right. I was concerned about the performance of doubles over sliders (I remember everyone saying ‘avoid bi-folds’ so I discounted them)…

I mean french / patio doors. We've two inward opening sets from internorm at 2000mm total and they are grand. 

1 hour ago, HughF said:

That’s my go-to supplier, they don’t offer 3G in sliders, despite their profile and mechanism manufacturer offering it.

Yeah they don't like the weight do they, fair comment i guess, 3G is very heavy

1 hour ago, HughF said:

Nothing wrong with bi-folds, as long as you choose the right ones! My Liniar ones are spot on and air leak free, and have been as such for 8 years so far.

Edited by MikeGrahamT21

58 minutes ago, Conor said:

I mean french / patio doors. We've two inward opening sets from internorm at 2000mm total and they are grand. 

Yep, a quick call to the wife this morning and we’re Ok with the French door plan. £1300 ish, perfectly within the budget.