How high should the holes be to outside for the mvhr

Depends entirely on where the unit will be situated, the required height above / side for the duct work etc. Ideally they need to be 2m apart to prevent circulation. Not as simple as it sounds as depends where the exhaust / supply points are on the unit and what other duct work and services you need to work around. 

I stuck two in at that stage and ended up moving the unit and having to core out new holes.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Conor, BPC have given us the layout so I am fairly confident it should stick. It was just the elevation I was unsure of - thinking just under ceiling height will do. The layout said they had to be 1.5m apart. The other thing was the actual pipe to put through the 20mm cavity walls. It says on the plan it needs to be 180mm in diameter so tried to get one locally today - no joy. Gonna have to go to BPC in Larne tomorrow morn to get some. Bah.

Edited by CalvinHobbes

13 hours ago, CalvinHobbes said:

Thanks Conor, BPC have given us the layout so I am fairly confident it should stick. It was just the elevation I was unsure of - thinking just under ceiling height will do. The layout said they had to be 1.5m apart. The other thing was the actual pipe to put through the 20mm cavity walls. It says on the plan it needs to be 180mm in diameter so tried to get one locally today - no joy. Gonna have to go to BPC in Larne tomorrow morn to get some. Bah.

Lindab have all that sort of stuff in stock. I'd leave 200mm dia holes and then foam in round. You want to leave a bit of a fall to the outside in case wind driven rain gets in.

• Like 1