Cost of roofing for pitched roof

We are doing an extension which is partly self-build and partly getting contractors in.  Have planned to tile the roof ourselves but am wondering how much it would roughly cost if we paid roofers to do it.  The roof is pitched, 8m x 2.9 m and we have all the materials, so would just be paying for labour.  Any ideas on what sort of amount it might cost?  Many thanks.(we are in the south east)

24 minutes ago, KayleyH said:

We are doing an extension which is partly self-build and partly getting contractors in.  Have planned to tile the roof ourselves but am wondering how much it would roughly cost if we paid roofers to do it.  The roof is pitched, 8m x 2.9 m and we have all the materials, so would just be paying for labour.  Any ideas on what sort of amount it might cost?  Many thanks.(we are in the south east)

What stage is the roof at? Rafters and sheeting with membrane? Just rafters?

Is it 8x2.9 per side or total?

If you are at all handy, and the materials are lying there, you could have it finished by Sunday afternoon if you got the sheet on tonight, membrane, counters tomorrow night, batten it on Friday night/Sat morn and have it tiled by Sunday morning ready for verges and ridges on Sunday. 

Once I have more details on the actual roof make-up I will say how long for sure. 

Edited by Carrerahill
  • Like 1

So no sarking boards? 

Membrane & counter batten and batten whole roof - 1 day

Load the roof for tile - 1 day

Tile 1 day

Ridge and verges 1 easy day.

Add another 1 day for gutters and things. 

Max - 1 week for 1 roofer + labourer, but expect them to be short days. I really think that could be done full in 3 days if you get a roofer who will just crack on and do it. 

I did a roof 6.4m x 2.7m on my own for most of it (only had help loading tiles onto roof) in a weekend and that included fully OSB sheeting the whole roof. I did the verges, ridge and gutters over a 3 evenings after work.

Seriously, if you start tonight you will be done by Sunday.