Section 75

Would like to sing the praises and reiterate the general consensus of using a credit card to protect yourself when purchasing.

Long story short, tried to purchase something, website showed stock.  Retailer couldnt/wouldnt deliver the item, obviously out of stock, later found out due to manufacturers lead times.  Retailer would not respond to requests for information.  Got arsey when I suggested cancel the order, finally cancelled then wouldn't refund the money.  Section 75 team stepped in and sorted out for me.

Yes, I ought to be a bit more savvy when buying, but I'm building to a tight budget and am looking for bargains everywhere.  A few personal lessons to learn, but happy I escaped this time.

A few rules to adhere to

Section 75 | Your Rights Explained | Experian

Edited by crispy_wafer
missed link
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, crispy_wafer said:

Yes, I ought to be a bit more savvy when buying...

I think you're being too hard on yourself. Sounds like the seller lied about stuff being in stock, then provided utterly shite service, then effectively tried to steal your money when you cancelled.

Glad you got the money back.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jack said:

I think you're being too hard on yourself. Sounds like the seller lied about stuff being in stock,

+1. People lie or don’t do what they say they will all the time. The good news is that you paid by credit card with Section 75 cover and got your money refunded. That’s a savvy buyer. Warning bells to me are sellers who only accept bank transfer or debit card. I know lots of people who have lost their money that way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1