How to assemble cement mixer drum please?

Hi, I've bought a used Belle Mastermix MC130 cement mixer for patio laying.

I'm having issues attaching the drum to the shaft. The drum has a clamp with screw. However, the stem/bearing does not have a hole for the clamp screw to fit into.

I have attached a photo of the clamp. The photo with the finger pointing at the metal part is where id expect the hole for the clamp screw to go into. But there is no hole on this part.

Any idea how i might secure the drum?

Thanks

Kash

Screenshot_20230528-160353_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20230528-160525_Messenger.jpg

2 hours ago, SteamyTea said:

Any help seeing how it comes apart.

Hi, I've looked through these videos. They all seem to have a hole that the spring clamp screw inserts into. But mine doesnt!

26 minutes ago, akash said:

Hi, I've looked through these videos. They all seem to have a hole that the spring clamp screw inserts into. But mine doesnt!

Strange, here's a still from another YT...

Screenshot2023-05-2821_41_31.thumb.png.8aec21cf96325635acff11a73f73b42f.png

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Radian said:

Strange, here's a still from another YT...

Screenshot2023-05-2821_41_31.thumb.png.8aec21cf96325635acff11a73f73b42f.png

So the hole in the orange bit (part of drum) I have. But the spinny silver bit it sits on (?bearing) has no corresponding hole. Thats what baffles me.......

Could it be that the spring screw 'pinches' the spinny thing it sits on?? It wouldnt seem stable to me that way...

ive this mixer. the shroud on the drum sits against the big seal and the pin of the clips locates behind the big bearing. sometimes the drum can be hard to get back off and wants a good wack, maybe yours is difficult to get on and wants a good wack.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gaz_moose said:

ive this mixer. the shroud on the drum sits against the big seal and the pin of the clips locates behind the big bearing. sometimes the drum can be hard to get back off and wants a good wack, maybe yours is difficult to get on and wants a good wack.

7 hours ago, dpmiller said:

I think you need to push the drum on a little further so that the pin drops *behind* the bearing. It's only a retainer after all

Fantastic guys, thank you all so much!

Managed to get it working. You're right, the drum bit sits against the big seal and pin of the clip slots in behind the big bearing.. this then retains the drum. Wouldnt have figured it out on my own.

Thanks for your help!