First Floor ceiling dilemma

Hi 

I have just measured my first floor ceiling height (from bottom of ceiling joists to floorboards)

It is around 2450 (give a take 5mm either way)

I will be having a mixture of stud walls and dot/dab. 

I will be having a vcl at ceiling level, I wasn’t going to have a service void but now I have measured it is worth have a service void so that will bring it down slightly so I can use full length boards? 

Also is it best to install service void battens and plasterboard for the whole ceiling first before installing the studs for walls?

Thanks in advance 

I used to do work for a housing company that had us board the bedroom ceilings before the studs 

Great for us Electricians and plumbers hated it 

Saves time and money and a better job 

11 hours ago, nod said:

I used to do work for a housing company that had us board the bedroom ceilings before the studs 

Great for us Electricians and plumbers hated it 

Saves time and money and a better job 

I am the electrician and plumber so I'll just have to moan at myself

Still undecided on the service void

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyT said:

Is there another floor above or a loft void to access plumbing and electrical?

loft void, plenty of access but i know it was mentioned to create a void so didn't have as many cables coming through the VCL

What is the biggest gap I can leave at the bottom of a wall board that is dot and dabbed? If the floor to ceiling joist is 2450mm, if I just put a single plasterboard on the ceiling it will be 37.5mm at the bottom of the board.

I have 2.5m high rooms upstairs, once the ceiling service void is in place it will leave me with approx 2460mm. We have 200mm skirts, so I plan on starting the PB 60mm above floor level and using full sheets. 

52 minutes ago, jayc89 said:

I have 2.5m high rooms upstairs, once the ceiling service void is in place it will leave me with approx 2460mm. We have 200mm skirts, so I plan on starting the PB 60mm above floor level and using full sheets. 

Will you have a double timber at the bottom? Otherwise your bottom edge of plasterboard won’t be supported?