Mitsubushi or Panasonic ASHP?

To back that up, look at this very limited sample of users posting their results and you can see that the two most popular makes/brands are the best and the worst!

https://heatpumpmonitor.org/

also your installation config can make a big difference. I have a good installation but my microbore + radiator refit will never be able to achieve greater than COP 3.5, whereas a new or complete re-build with UFH can get above COP 4.5

• Like 1

FWIW I went Mitsubishi Electric (Mitsubishi Heavy is a completely different firm - perhaps everyone knows - was news to me)
A2A context.

A lot of the decision weight based on my installer and his shortlist of recommendations against mid-high price point and his experience working with brands. 

My thinking was I can go in with a shortlist in mind which included both brands mentioned above - but at the end of the day the installer will always have more on the ground experience. (assuming you find a good one)

Its also interesting the A2A units seem to be primarily labelled based on energy output, whereas A2W energy input - or is that just me?
e.g. A 10kW A2A means it can drive up to ~10kW of inside units but only draws about 2kW energy, again inside units primarily labelled on energy output.

Am I correct in thinking a 6kW A2W draws up to 6kW

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CalvinHobbes said:

So far I have been told to get an 11kw mitsubushi

Mitsu 11 or Pana 12 will both deliver the output needed low temp, over 5Celsius the Mitsubishi will have about 4kW minimum output vs about 6kW Pana(that's because 12 and 16 sizes use the same compressor) ideally the lower the better. The focus should be on having as much radiating surface for best results, underfloor, walls, ceiling, radiators.

Mitsu is made in UK, it is liked by people and I bet on it to wide spread in UK to benefit the future servicing/warranty/spares/skills, as well as community.

Pana is liked overall in western Europe.

Plan carefully on the size needed and focus on the right pairing of radiating surface.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DanDee said:

Mitsu 11 or Pana 12 will both deliver the output needed low temp, over 5Celsius the Mitsubishi will have about 4kW minimum output vs about 6kW Pana(that's because 12 and 16 sizes use the same compressor) ideally the lower the better. The focus should be on having as much radiating surface for best results, underfloor, walls, ceiling, radiators.

Mitsu is made in UK, it is liked by people and I bet on it to wide spread in UK to benefit the future servicing/warranty/spares/skills, as well as community.

Pana is liked overall in western Europe.

Plan carefully on the size needed and focus on the right pairing of radiating surface.

Thanks. Do you think they would be suitable with 3 phase? We have a pole in our garden and am seriously tempted.

29 minutes ago, CalvinHobbes said:

Thanks. Do you think they would be suitable with 3 phase? We have a pole in our garden and am seriously tempted.

both 1P or 3P doesn't really matter, but if you pull 3P the you can buy the 3P one

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, sharpener said:

No, AFAIK A2W units are rated on the output power too

20 hours ago, DanDee said:

could you imagine the 10kW A2W delivering 10kWx5=50kW?

Thank you - turns out I know very little and a little less than that about A2W

:)