Best glue?

Trw144

The plastic catch that holds the outer door onto my integrated dishwasher has come off its fixing to the door. Hard to explain exactly how it works but essentially the problem now is the screw cant get any bite where it holds the plastic into the wood (its come undone a few times). I had used some contact adhesive to fill the previous hole in an attempt to get some purchase when I screw it back in, but the phone call I just had off swmbo just now to inform me the dishwasher door has dropped onto her foot suggests this has nt succeeded! So, can someone suggest a suitable glue/epoxy for this job, either to fill the previous screw hole or/and to stick the plastic to the metal face it needs to go on.

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures  - will upload some later.

If the hole is a right mess drill it out (careful not to go right through?) and glue in a dowel. Usually you can get away with using a larger diameter screw or pushing match sticks into the hole with whatever glue is to hand (epoxy is best, not contact adhesive as it remains rubbery). Let the glue set up before trying to cut off any excess dowel/match sticks.

Does the catch have to be in exactly the same place?  

If its a chipboard core then soaking the hole with superglue and activating (AKA Mitre bond kit) first will shore up the chipboard around. Then as temp has said; wood fillets (matches or lolly stick slithers) soaked again in superglue, screw the screw in and activate. Try and leave it 24h before using too much.

Or........... coach bolt from the front :D