Cold air draughts

Guest 204

I have moved to a new built apartment - i am the first lived here - and i am experiencing cold air draughts.

Feel like cold air streams which causing muscle pain and pain in my ear, it feel like i have a cooling system hitting directly on me, even the breathing air feels cold.

The weird thing is that the temperature isn't dropping bellow 23 Celsius even with the heating off, the same feeling persists even when i turn on the heating and the temp goes up to 28 C.

I have asked the developer to have a look but couldn't identify any issues, checked windows, ventilation but no issues. My EPC is B and air-tightness in windows tested at 2.4 m³/h.m²

I used a thermal camera (pic attached from window) to scan the place but i can't identify the problem

Any advise is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Screenshot_20230420-100400.jpeg

If you can feel draughts it should be possible to detect them. Perhaps try Joss sticks or soap bubbles? 

One possibility is convection currents. Normally rads are located under windows to minimise this. If your rads are on the opposite side of the room this can make convection currents worse. 

2 hours ago, JohnB12 said:

Feel like cold air streams which causing muscle pain and pain in my ear, it feel like i have a cooling system hitting directly on me, even the breathing air feels cold.

Do you have curtains or blinds on the windows? I'm wondering if you're experiencing 'radiative cooling' where you physically feel the heat from your body radiating away to a cold surface like a window pane. An air temperature sensor won't register this effect.

If you can pull a curtain across the window you might feel the difference as the curtain will block the path to the cool surface.

The window frames probably have trickle vents in them to prevent condensation and mould. Sometimes these can be closed or partially closed but it depends on the make and you run the risk of inadequate ventilation if you shut them up too much.