And he's the first in from England!

Construction Channel

I'm in NW essex just south of Cambridge.

I am very slowly trying to convert/renovate an old red brick cow shed into what will eventually be a house for Faye and myself.

I'm not going to bang on about it here, if you would like to find out more please feel free to watch the selection of incredibly entertaining videos i have made for you about it at 

https://www.youtube.com/user/TConstructionChannel

and when you have finished the entertaining ones feel free to carry on to the other 95% of them :D

Ed

• Like 1

Welcome Dean and Hannah, I too would be interested in how Graven Hill works out, as we're looking at the possibility of doing something on a much smaller scale as a part of a Neighbourhood Plan.  It's early days, and I'm keen to find out if there is a way of making the process simpler and cheaper than the serviced plot with approved design option that seems to be the way Graven Hill have got around what seems to primarily be a VAT issue, as I understand it.  Maybe a new thread on that might help, as I know that some other areas are looking doing something similar.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dean said:

I whole heartedly reccommend. If nothing else, you'll learn how to make a nice cooked breakfast :P

D&H

Hey Dean, 

:) I had bacon and black pudding this morning, But i didn't film it this time....

How is Graven Hill coming for you, Any gripping new revelations i might not have heard about?

Ed

• Like 1

Thanks chaps, 
I've started a group for Graven Hill - I think it will start to grow in popularity as things (eventually) start happening.

It's still all very quiet - we have some plot details, but nothing confirmed yet. They originally published that May would be the month for plot registration, and to be fair they still have a week left on that, but I suspect we may have to wait a little longer. We've not had any updates since Feb, but there should be something at the Build It Live event in Bicester (11th-12th June).

We're all on tenterhooks...