FTTP to neighbours but showing as unavailable to new build

We built a house in the rear garden. Openreach informed us that the old house at the front can get ultrafast fibre broadband. Checked the address of the new build at the back. Showing as unavailable.

Ducting installed to new build from road. With drawstring ready to pull through whatever needs pulling.

Q. What should we do in terms of getting Openreach (or anyone else) to provide FTTP to the new build?

20 hours ago, WWilts said:

We built a house in the rear garden. Openreach informed us that the old house at the front can get ultrafast fibre broadband. Checked the address of the new build at the back. Showing as unavailable.

Ducting installed to new build from road. With drawstring ready to pull through whatever needs pulling.

Q. What should we do in terms of getting Openreach (or anyone else) to provide FTTP to the new build?

Just put in an application via the developer portal (this is what developers use to put in applications for plots of land that have no infrastructure at all). I could even do this for you if you want. PM me if you want.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

standard £2k per plot charge from BT to provide full fibre was told when we ordered it.

Ah, see if you are a developer, they will sometimes even pay you to install it! I put in an application for 96 apartments earlier this year, they offered £116 per apartment to the developer to install it all - they then come out and hook up the main fibre to site. They even free issue duct and fibre. 

It is actually very clever if a bit cheeky, you install their network and they then know they will almost certainly get line rental from BT or another for the next however many decades!

Edited by Carrerahill