Lagging

hbooth

Does anyone have any recommendations for pipe lagging that is effective but doesnt cost the earth? I need a fair bit of it for the hot water pipes and also the flow & returns for my underfloor. I want something that does the job but isn't going to cost me a fortune.

thanks,

My take on this is that something is far better than nothing. So the cheapest grey foam 'pool noodles' that SF and TS hawk for around £1.50/m are good value.

I also believe there's little point in going to town on the heating pipes leading to emitters. If emission is require in the building, a little extra heat leakage into the fabric isn't going anywhere unhelpful.

However, HW storage and maybe the boiler flow & return to the valves on the HW side are worth keeping cosy. You don't want these pumping extra heat indoors during the summer.

Agree.

Insulate heat source primaries up to the dhw cylinder; and perhaps the key dhw runs that are always/often hot; and maybe the exposed cold water runs in bathrooms for anti condensation purposes; but ignore the rest and year then as free heat emitter upgrades.