Thermostat help

richo106

I am in the process of ordering all my stuff for the UFH (upstairs and downstairs). 
I have been quoted for Heatmiser

Neostat v2, NeoHub Gen 2

I have been looking through the forum and I have seen people have had issues with these thermostats…one issue being the backlight randomly coming on.

Could anyone recommend any other possible thermostats that would do the same thing? I would like them wired and be able to control via smartphone

Many Thanks 

How thick is your screed and how well insulated?

Reason I ask as it makes a big difference to how the thermostat operates your heating. UFH is very slow to change temperature by nature.  Hysterisis is an important consideration often overlooked, and most if not all so called smart thermostats have a huge hysterisis, which may be ok for radiators but are rubbish with UFH. 

I would be tempted to keep it super simple, I started complex, used a tonne of gas, went simple after that. I am now using a single COMPUTHERM Q7RF thermostat, a wired version is also available, 0.1 hysterisis, so it shuts of the heating when you want, starts the heating back up when you need it too. Most thermostats have a hysterisis of 0.5 or worse. You can run really low flow temps, with your floor, a downside is the response is slow, so thermostat hysterisis is super important.

Smart phone control is just a gimmick you really don't need, in a well insulated home, in my opinion.