Build Regs Submission

Sarah29

I'm just up to the stage of appointing someone to prepare my building regs drawings submission for a new build house. Hoping someone can confirm a few points for me as I'm hearing conflicting information on exactly what is required:

- Are full lighting/socket/switch design and layout scheme drawings needed at this stage?

- Is an MVHR layout scheme with inlets/duct positions required at this stage?

- Are drawings for the wet UFH layout needed (ie. pipe runs?) at this stage?

Many thanks in advance, Sarah

Three nos 

They tend to be quite generic 

Bit of a tick list 

Ours mentions a gas boiler

There’s no gas 

Structual engineers tend to be cheaper than using an Architect 

• Like 2

You will not need any electrical layout drawings for a Bldg Reg application. At completion you will need to hand over a copy of your electrician's certificate to the BCO. Be aware Part M relating to disabled use sets minimum and maximum heights for switches, sockets etc but layout within rooms is not controlled.

Ventilation in dwellings is controlled by Part F Volume 1. The requirements are performance based requiring a certain number of air changes etc. They are not so concerned about routes of pipes and layouts of inlets/outlets in rooms. Have a look at paragraphs 1.67 through to 1.83 in the Approved Document to Part F. They give guidance on how the Regs control MVHR. The important bit is the commissioning and testing when complete as again you will need to provide a copy of the test certificate. So a performance specification is probably more useful to show compliance than a layout plan.

The BCO doesn't need to see the UFH layout plan. There are some fairly basic requirements for UFH in Part L Volume 1 Paras 6.28 to 6.32 but the layout is more a design matter for the heating engineer to meet your heating requirements. The layout ought to be kept though and added to the information on the system as part of the "handbook" for future owners.

Remember if information isn't available prior to the building reg application being submitted it can always be added when available (obvioulsy it's more helpful if that's before the work is carried out). If the BCO thinks that something critical to showing compliance is missing then they'll ask for it.

• Like 1