The current job I'm on has a one block pillar to be built between a doorway (2m roughly) and a window (1.2m roughly). The engineer has specified a windpost for the pillar. Will I or should I put any sort of damp membrane on or around the windpost itself? 

Depends on the type. Some are fully built into the inner leaf and are galvanized. They wouldn't need one. If it's a type which is against the outer leaf then may need it. 

If its an off the shelf Ancon one then just phone their tech support. 

We had to have 4 of them, and were only told when half the wall was built!! 

A frustrating situation, as they needed bolting to the foundation.... below block and beam!! :( 

Ours were 4.5m tall cavity walls, utterly ridiculously over engineered when the internal walls T Off this wall and are also block built... Brickies on site ment we couldn't argue the toss due to loss of time whist we did, so had to suck it up. 

3 hours ago, Andehh said:

We had to have 4 of them, and were only told when half the wall was built!! 

A frustrating situation, as they needed bolting to the foundation.... below block and beam!! :( 

Oh the times that the engineers drawings have turned up late and this has happened to me despite me asking beforehand.  Frustrating and costly. Although it wasn't as bad as when we had a new house built up to the first lift and the building inspector decided it was a radon zone.