Stairs

After an initial quote for the internal stairs; 3 years later I'm nearing the point of a possible install soon (ish)

But my ceiling is all tricky.

I know the minimum head height from stair to ceiling must be 2m

At the base of my stairs we have a turn and then enter the room. I have 2 ceiling heights at this point.

I intend to do the usual sloped ceiling to overcome this.

It's impossible for me to gauge the slope angle. Can I just 'box' the ceiling for now. Get the stairs installed i.e. 2m is good; then slope later to suit?

Will the staircase install company query this? - or don't they care as long as 2m is there at point of install??

I doubt the staircase company will care.  It is your building control inspector that will care at completion. If not 2M headroom it will not pass, so make the ceiling stepped or whatever is needed to achieve 2M headroom.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ProDave said:

I doubt the staircase company will care.  It is your building control inspector that will care at completion. If not 2M headroom it will not pass, so make the ceiling stepped or whatever is needed to achieve 2M headroom.

Yeah I did guess BCO will care . Although they've shown zero interest in my project I assume at the completion day when he/she visits it's an easy thing for them to check.