Ews1 not a cladding issue

I need ews1 like everyone else to keep lenders happy . Flats in question have no cladding . So the costs are for all the other ‘ remedial ‘ work that is required . I’ve been told by the freeholder I don’t qualify for any government grants ( haven’t been given a reason yet ) .

Anyone else got experience of this where the leaseholder is expected to foot the bill ? 

2023-03-22-0010.pdfWell this is turning out to be a right pandora's box.

I don't qualify as I couldn't tick *any* option on one of the forms. The problem though after rereading it can be highlighted simply with

" do not own more than 2 dwellings "

I assume I do. But then why does it say dwelling not property ?. A dwelling is somewhere someone can live and a property could not be i.e. habitable? ( but then a dwelling could not be habitable ).

Government website on this is shite " some buy to let landlords may not qualify " - but with no definition of "some"

Spoke to freeholder company ; they are as confused as me. Though as it stands (for now ) I don't qualify because I didn't tick any other option ( apparently it's an offence to lie ).

Guess I just wait this one out for government to decide wtf it means.

Obviously a "property" could not be somewhere to live e.g. a shop. But the very first question on this form uses the word "home"....

Actually here is the form...

2023-03-22-0010.pdf

Edited by pocster

I have a flat for sale and had a buyer lined up until recently. Nobody has mentioned this form.

Its a leasehold flat and recently had a lot of upgrades to meet fire regs, things like new seals on flat doors. All paid for though the (expensive) annual maintenance charge.

54 minutes ago, Temp said:

I have a flat for sale and had a buyer lined up until recently. Nobody has mentioned this form.

Its a leasehold flat and recently had a lot of upgrades to meet fire regs, things like new seals on flat doors. All paid for though the (expensive) annual maintenance charge.

Depends on number of stories . Think it has to be over 6 ( might be wrong on that ) . Equally have mega service charge and ground rent . Oh and mortgage costs doubling 🙄🫤