Volunteer

Dan9788

Hello,

Bit of an odd one, and appreciate this is probably the wrong forum for this, but thought it couldn't hurt to make this post.

I live in central London, relocated from the north east about 5 years ago, and am currently tied to a desk most of the time for my day job.

I'd very much like to learn a more hands on skill in my spare time, specifically carpentry. So, was wondering if any carpenters / joiners out there would benefit from an unskilled volunteer on a weekend to help them build something?

As I say, based in central London, (I say central, I mean Bethnal Green, but close enough), so anything around the greater London area would be ideal.

Many thanks,

Dan

Welcome to the forum.  If you get stuck perhaps try this but only open in working hours? 

https://openworkshopnetwork.com/workshop/the-carpentry-club/

The Carpentry Club in Bethnal Green is now open and looking for new members to come down, get inducted and start building!

Located in the basement at Oxford House and run by local product design company Samson & Fox, The Carpentry Club is a not-for-profit makerspace and is one part open access woodworking workshop and one part Men’s Shed.

The workshop is opened as a Men’s Shed 10:00am – 4:00pm Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, with inductions running most Thursdays. Costs for use will be £5 per month and £1 per visit, though we encourage members to pay more to help support and keep the space running. The workshop is available on an open-access basis for commercial work during the rest of the week. We also run woodwork courses for the community at various times throughout the week.

Edited by Temp