Murphy beds - what is reasonable? What is reliable?

I'm about to buy a Murphy bed. It's for my parents, who are well into their seventies, and will visit for several weeks at a time - so it better be comfortable. After trying out things in four showrooms, I settled for a choice that seemed to be a quality product (Italian, with a hydraulic system) and reasonably priced compared to the others - 

May be an image of furniture and text that says 'comuonde 2 moik Epsimeus MAX clu moteles ര BiModal HORIZONTALE 140 CARACTERISTIQUES TECHNIQUES Fixation murale obligatoire Système de vérins gaz Dimensions couchage L140 xP200 H18cm Loids entae Dimensions meuble L214.2 H158.3 P33 (caiss)/ P155.5cm (lit ouvert) Existe en P40.5 (matelas épais 25cm et lit ouvert+ profond P163cm) OPTIONS Tête de lit rembourrée, éclairage LED, éléments de rangements autour Large choix de finitions mélamines, laques mat, façades laques brillantes PRIX Tarif départ en mélamine blanche (HORS options) (HORS matelas) 187 au ieu de 2573€ PHOTOS'

It comes with 5 years of warranty (they claim it's 10, but it's steeply graded after the 5th year) and I got 100eur off the price above. There's a reasonable charge for delivery including installation. The mattress is not included, but it's compatible with a good mattress I've found at IKEA.

Yes, I know "Horizontal Lucy" sounds like some sort of famous 18th-century lady of the night, but that's not the issue. Apparently, one can find much less expensive things online - such as the following, which has reasonably good reviews on Amazon (and a few very bad ones):

https://smartbett.eu/murphy_beds/murphy_bed_140x200h_white

So, what is a reasonable price for a good Murphy bed, really? And how can I tell whether a Murphy bed is really good?

We bought one from Costco (Coventry Kingsize Wallbed) several years ago for exactly the same reason, although we normally used it ourselves and left our own to my parents. Ours is vertical, hydraulic as well, easy to use. We paid £1500. 

Kingsize is still slightly tight. It is also higher than our bed. 

If there is any way, try it before you buy, i.e. find one on display. 

• 2 months later...

Hi, 
Has anyone managed to get a reasonably priced Murthy door (below 1K price tag) in the UK? It seems to be an ideal space-saving solution. I also wanted to check if the bed size can be sufficient for two? And will the standard-size mattress (from John Lewis etc.) fit if I ever change the original mattress?

Edited by SolidState