Is there a name for this type of shower/bath configuration?

We are currently thinking about our new bathroom installation and would like to avoid having a gap between the bathtub and shower cubicle.

Our wish is something like below, where we install the 180cm bathtub, and then use the rest of the available space in the corner (around 118cm) for the shower enclosure.

There is enough space in the floor to install a walk in instead of using a tray which is a good start. Do they sell glass enclosures like pictured below? i.e. a door, and a shorter seperator

signal-2023-01-24-21-02-21-100.thumb.jpg.ea74c1c8e5cd5261281ec991581d9217.jpg

signal-2023-01-24-21-01-57-747.jpg.0e9a13dca212e1da903b3d59f041d763.jpg

I doubt you can buy one ready made but you could certainly get one made for you.

We got our frameless showers made by GoGlass in Cherry Hinton near Cambridge but many local glass merchants can make them. Their web site is very posh but they operate from a relatively modest workshop last time I was there. 

https://goglass.co.uk/

In your second picture it shows a door hinged off a small side panel. I would avoid doing that if possible. We have that on one shower and the glass to glass hinges aren't so easily adjusted.  I think the arrangement in the first photo is better and will give a better door seal. However would the shower door bang on the bathroom door handle when open? 

So we can probably take an off the shelf door, and have a piece of glass custom made to fit between the shower enclosure and bath tub?

2 minutes ago, Temp said:

However would the shower door bang on the bathroom door handle when open?

In our case there will be a radiator on the adjacent wall, so perhaps we need to be careful when opening the door.

20221029_153018.thumb.jpg.2e3f5985329a9b69ea79e676112cb34e.jpg

3 minutes ago, vagrantly3893 said:

So we can probably take an off the shelf door, and have a piece of glass custom made to fit between the shower enclosure and bath tub?

In our case there will be a radiator on the adjacent wall, so perhaps we need to be careful when opening the door.

20221029_153018.thumb.jpg.2e3f5985329a9b69ea79e676112cb34e.jpg

The existing path panel is unlikely to be suitable for use in the shower. If that's what you are thinking. It woukd all need tanking. 

Having seen the amount of space you have I probably wouldn't do what you originally proposed. Perhaps consider swapping the bath and shower over so the bath fits where the shower is?

A 1000mm wide shower is quite a good size.

17 minutes ago, Temp said:

The existing path panel is unlikely to be suitable for use in the shower. If that's what you are thinking. It woukd all need tanking. 

Having seen the amount of space you have I probably wouldn't do what you originally proposed. Perhaps consider swapping the bath and shower over so the bath fits where the shower is?

A 1000mm wide shower is quite a good size.

20230107_122403.thumb.jpg.0483b8ae225ea0251a793c55d308bf85.jpg

Yeah it's all give now. The ceiling where the bath is slopes down, so we can only have a shower in the corner. We really want to avoid having this little gap between the bathtub and shower enclosure

Edited by vagrantly3893

OK, if you're sure then perhaps build a timber frame to support the bath and clad that end with a cement board like Hardi backer board. The more rigidly you can support the bath the longer any sealant will last.

You need to think carefully about the size of tray and the bath frame to avoid needing very narrow strips of glass anywhere. I think I would sketch it out and get quotes but don't actually get the glass made until everything is tanked and tiled.