Midea ASHP?

I thought as the other thread had already got a bit muddied I’d separate this in to a separate question. 

Midea ASHP - never heard of them before. Details on the website are spares and technical documents are password protected 🙄

Any one had any experience of them? My solar installer works with an ASHP installer and will do a combined fit of solar and ASHP however they only really deal with Midea heat pumps and im wary of a brand I don’t know. 

I see they are pretty big in the aircon market but Im concerned about after sale support etc. 

cheers. 

From what I’ve seen they’re really good units for a good price. Pretty much all in one nice compact package on the monobloc artic series. Contains also an expansion and pump inside the unit.

I’ll be getting an 8kw mono for my house deep retrofit soon.

Check this out as well:

Also here are some technical specs:

https://www.microwell.sk/assets/uploads/matrix/files/downloader/TM_Midea_A_series_Mono_M-Thermal_Heat_Pump_R32_2020513_V1_7.pdf

Edited by akjos

Think they the biggest or one of the biggest manufacturer in the world for heat pumps. Make lots of units for other companies, look at Hitachi and Panasonic heat pumps and compare to midea, lots of similarity including the controller.

Was number one on my list, until I stumbled across another make on eBay.  Just search for midea ASHP on Google, lots of information manuals etc all available to download.

A potential concern is the long term weather protection of the circuitry under the covers. Its not sealed from what i can see. I'm sure no rain can get in but condensation is a worry. Would love to hear from anyone that has had one for any length of time.

They wouldn't @JohnMo.  Weeks from now my comment would have become unintelligible and potentially misleading had you not responded.  But just at the moment the two most recent threads in "Air Source Hat Pumps (ASHP)" both mention Midea, which is an usual state of affairs.  Anyone considering purchasing a Midea heat pump is surely going to read both of them, not just one in isolation. 

So much for topicality.   

Edited by ReedRichards

The Midea units are imported and distributed by Freedom heatpumps, which was started and run by Graham Hendra till he sold up and moved on. There are two sizes of unit, and they're all dip-switch rated so you can convert a smaller one into a larger one.

Their outputs at low air temperatures do not in any way match the data plate rating, so beware. You definitely need to upsize if fitting one. 

Loads of discussion about the poor performance of them over on the renewable heating hub forum.