Rehau Sliding Sash Fixings

jayc89

I'm considering Sliding Sash windows for part of our house (I appreciate they aren't the best for airtightness. I'm juggling cost, sympathetic renovation and efficiency). 

My local Rehau fabricator states the Sliding Sash frames can't be attached using Rehau fixing brackets and require screws through the frames. From the technical drawings I can't see a difference between the sliding sash and the TOTAL70 frames which can be fixed using brackets.

I'm hoping the fabricator is mistaken, as they didn't even know what fixing brackets were when I first asked. Do we have any Rehau experts on here who might be able to advise?

There is always a way to fix with brackets, maybe they don’t know how to fix brackets to the profile. If you can post a section through the profile to be used we can take a look and chuck in some suggestions

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, markc said:

There is always a way to fix with brackets, maybe they don’t know how to fix brackets to the profile. If you can post a section through the profile to be used we can take a look and chuck in some suggestions

These were taken from - https://www.rehau.com/downloads/616194/rehau-specifier-guide-brochure.pdf

Screenshot2023-02-27at09_27_30.thumb.png.131d4e1acf9316039f643d9f33554440.pngScreenshot2023-02-27at09_27_19.thumb.png.8be9b698070030b87195814b41b9307c.png

Hi, straps fixed to the frames with self tapping screws will be no problem, bit of messing about offering frame into place sorting locations for brackets/straps, remove frame, fix brackets, put back into place and fix. If the frames were thermally broken I could see some argument against additional metalwork but this seems lazy or not what they are used to