ASHP - LG Therma V Water flow issues - Plumber vs Installer

Woze

Switch off the heat pump and turn on the immersion heater.  Once the tank is heated with the immersion heater then see if the hot water still takes a long time to come out of the taps.  If it does then it's manifestly not a problem with the heat pump.  But do get an independent assessor who can explain to you how things have been done.  Most people on this forum would have taken more of an interest when things were being installed.   

6 minutes ago, ReedRichards said:

Switch off the heat pump and turn on the immersion heater.  Once the tank is heated with the immersion heater then see if the hot water still takes a long time to come out of the taps.  If it does then it's manifestly not a problem with the heat pump.  But do get an independent assessor who can explain to you how things have been done.  Most people on this forum would have taken more of an interest when things were being installed.   

Thanks again for the feedback.

I wouldn't say I didn't take an interest but thanks again, you might be right.

Is your pipework buried in cement floors/walls? 

Is it insulated first?

You may be heating up the floors/walls before e water is hot.

What is the temperature at the hot water tank?

Are your outlets thermostatic mixers? 

Shitty mixers sometimes need incoming hot water to be 10C above the delivery setpoint (e.g 40C) before they work properly.

Are your hot/cold feeds pressure balanced? Gravity pressure hot water and mains pressure cold water is stupid; for example.

On 07/03/2023 at 09:06, markocosic said:

Is your pipework buried in cement floors/walls? 

Is it insulated first?

You may be heating up the floors/walls before e water is hot.

What is the temperature at the hot water tank?

Are your outlets thermostatic mixers? 

Shitty mixers sometimes need incoming hot water to be 10C above the delivery setpoint (e.g 40C) before they work properly.

Are your hot/cold feeds pressure balanced? Gravity pressure hot water and mains pressure cold water is stupid; for example.

pipes are insulated, the rest i will have to check when I have time next

there are some really good points