Full Planning Permission confirmation

Jamc

Hi I have had Full planning permission confirmed in Northern Ireland. The house is 2400 sq ft and the size was based on pre covid prices. Unfortunately in todays economy I couldn't build this. 

The sq ft size of house will need to be reduced massively. Will this mean a completely new submission of plans. 

I believe so if you change the GIA. Maybe if you have a 'bit that you could chop off' or other simple amendment rather than a complete re-design you might get away with a minor amendment. In theory your planners should be able to tell you based on an simple description of your proposed changes. Depends on how helpful yours is. A number of LPAs have a description on their web sites of what they think is minor/non-material.

• 2 weeks later...

You also might find that the cost reduction isn’t as much as you think it might be by making it smaller. Post up your plans as there’s a lot of experience on here to help you understand what could be done to reduce the cost without having to re-design and re-submit the planning application.