Multi Utility connection providers - Central Scotland

Hi!

I am having real difficulty in finding local tradesman to provide utility connections for our new build project in Dunblane. We are after Electricity, Water foul and water supply and potentially telecoms.

We are right beside the (quiet, normal, residential, 2-way) road where all the connections lie - electricity on the far side and water on the side closest to us. And a temporary supply to help with the build will require roughly 6m distance at the most from electricity at the far side of the road to within our plot.

I have a quotation from Crown Energy for ~£11k for all connections which seems massively expensive - but Crown inform me they subcontract everything so I'm not entirely sure why I need them.

I am therefore trying to find a local (ish) contractor who might be able to do this for me (the disputables) but I am having trouble sourcing one.

Can anyone provide any recommendations?

Thanks so much in advance!

Just go to SSE, they will do electric and gas.  Electrical contractor just connects from meter installed by SSE to temporary consumer unit socket.

Scottish water for your water, you need a temporary outside tap to their spec to connect to.

If you want BT you need to contact them, they will not connect you until you need it, i.e. you start paying a standing order. But they will contact open reach and they will free issue the cable from house to pole.

1 hour ago, JohnMo said:

Just go to SSE, they will do electric and gas.  Electrical contractor just connects from meter installed by SSE to temporary consumer unit socket.

Scottish water for your water, you need a temporary outside tap to their spec to connect to.

If you want BT you need to contact them, they will not connect you until you need it, i.e. you start paying a standing order. But they will contact open reach and they will free issue the cable from house to pole.

Yeah I know I go to them directly, but it's mainly about finding someone who will be able to do the digging (electricity is furthest so aiming for that for now) at a reasonable price. SSE have even told me themselves they are expensive. So if I can find someone who will dig and then maybe sort me out with at least one of the connections then that will help the old bank balance :)