Central heating flow noise

Dan1983

Evening all,

Wonder if you can help, we have had ongoing heating issues since completing our build.

Bosch agreed to replace the boiler 2 weeks ago which seems to have sorted previous problems.

Only issue now is when any heating zone comes on we get a noise of fast flowing water.

Is this normal? I can’t remember the noise when the heating was working ok back in November.

Ive checked the boiler, downstairs UFH manifold, all rads and tank etc but the noise seems to be coming from pipework overhead in the lounge.

Pipe routing from boiler is over lounge then down to UFH manifold in hall so could just be normal but just seems loud to me.

Given the drop-down pipework to the UFH I could imagine water flow noise could arise from trapped air inside the lounge ceiling runs. It might be absorbed eventually over time, but someone might be able to suggest strategic ways to get the air pushed through and ejected. Does the lounge ceiling pipework serve upstairs too?

1 minute ago, Dan1983 said:

That’s a really good point.

i think that run probably serves upstairs cylinder and rads off of a T piece.

I have had upstairs circuit on to try and push any air into that rads but the noise does not really change

Shut off the UFH so the primary's are only flowing the the FF heating eg so whatever the pump has to offer is only pushing water to the FF rads. Leave that run for an hour or two and revisit to see if the air ( which is the problem here for sure ) has made its way into the rads.

Do you have / did the plumber install an AAV ( automatic air vent ) on the upper ( flow ) pipe feeding heated water to the cylinder?

Have just tried that,

Got some air out of the towel rail and some air out of the inline filter housing  next to the boiler.

Still seems to be making the noise.

Wondering if it’s just how it sounds and I didn’t pay attention to it before!

I don’t think there is an auto vent on the system 

04E9DE5A-B24D-42BE-A704-68AA04581436.jpeg

75C45041-A59E-49FB-B685-EEA628A1F55C.jpeg