New to forum

Scot5223

Hello 
        Just joined today, moved into a 70s bungalow with dampness and a nosey neighbour.

Hopefully find some ideas here.

Sort Neighbour 1st though.
I have a non boundary fence height question:

Can it be taller or does the 2m rule apply, even if it splits my 8m wide garden down the middle, so 4m from any boundary, at least i can half it private.

Thank you

Scot

Hi and welcome, if it doesn’t affect traffic line of sight or restricts light into a neighbours window then I don’t know of any restriction … if you planted a hedge it could/would be above 2m in no time

Hi Mark

Thank you, i thought of a hedge then considered it a more work, a friend mentioned leylandii,  seems harsh.

Was thinking of an 8 or 10ft fence would be ace. If not planning is an issue. Restricts light, good to know that rule too.

Scot

On 01/02/2023 at 20:41, Scot5223 said:

Hi Mark

Thank you, i thought of a hedge then considered it a more work, a friend mentioned leylandii,  seems harsh.

Was thinking of an 8 or 10ft fence would be ace. If not planning is an issue. Restricts light, good to know that rule too.

Scot

https://www.planningportal.co.uk/permission/common-projects/fences-gates-and-garden-walls/planning-permission

I read this differently, ie that a two metre limit would apply. But a hedge is fine. But I may be missing something. 

Knew a neighbour who had structural issues with Lleyandi, about ten metres from the property, so do watch that if you're seriously thinking it.