"Screw and glue" a floor??

Joe87

Hi,

Probably a dumb question, but I plan to screw and glue 11mm OSB boards one on top of the other at 90 degrees angles for a floor.

This is the dumb question; I have some contact adhesive left over from the rubber roof construction. Can I use this for the glue part?? Obviously it'll be used to glue the two sets of boards together before being screwed down.

No problem if not, I just like to try and use what I have.

Thanks for any help

Joe

On 30/01/2023 at 20:33, markc said:

Contact adhesive is far from ideal but better than nothing. Why two layers of 11mm? The extra work, especially all the extra screws and gluing large areas will be a pain.

Its for a garden room. I already have a cement base and was planning on laying a vapour barrier, 100mm insulation (to bring the floor up to the door so there isn't a step) and then two lots of 11mm for strength. That's the plan anyway.

I did use some of the glue on two bits of OSB and its stuck solid. Couldn't pull it apart at all, so i think it'll be more then enough for the floor.

Would this impact expansion and contraction etc of the wood if they're glued together so solid?